Sunday, July 25, 2010

I Still Remember

Stuck awake while the undead feed, I play guitar 'til my fingers bleed
The notes and chords, the sting of strings
Help me to mull over things
The rhythm pumping through my veins
soothes my soul as night-time wanes

Our time apart has me feeling blue
So I write a poem just for you
"Dear love" it says "I cannot see, the reasons you're avoiding me"
Then rambles on for ten more lines
And ends up being a waste of time
For how can this bring back the bliss, that once accompanied a kiss
From lips so soft and sweet and perfect
The taste of which make waking worth it

I know I've got this out of sorts
My bitter mind does too much thought
But something's keeping us apart
And cutting through my wasted heart
The pills wear off, the dam wall blows and before too long there's tears a-flow
My heaving breath prolongs my death AND PRETTY SOON THERE'S NOTHING LEFT
BUT A WASTED SMILE AND THOUGHTS SO VILE
A MURDERER WHO STANDS ON TRIAL
WOULD SHAKE HIS HEAD IN SHOCK TO SEE THE MONSTER THAT RESIDES IN ME

But no, I've taken this too far
I've blown it out beyond the stars
There's nothing wrong, I'm over-tired. Caffeine problem's got me wired
I know that soon your smile I'll see
From gloomy thoughts I'll soon be free
I trust you with my beating heart and cannot wait for life to start

So now to rest my weary head
And banish this unfounded dread
I fill my mind with hope and dreams and seal it tightly at the seams
My love for you is beating strong
And quick do I admit my wrongs
To sleep I go, with no more fear
For soon I know I'll have you



Here




2 comments:

  1. Very late comment but just wanted to say this piece of poetry is pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd hardly call it genius but I do rather like it :P

    ReplyDelete