"When it's all over and you open your eyes, you'll see the world turned on it's side, and you'll be lying by a note on the floor signed;
The Royal We"
I no longer want to be at uni. The quote "to study something is to kill it" seems apt at this stage. I don't know if it's just the units I have this semester, or the other crap that's going on in my head or my body building up a resistance to my meds but I no longer have any motivation towards my course. My passion for design is untouched, I just find myself wishing I could fast forward to after I've got my degree. Or get a job without one.
I get no enjoyment out of anything I have to do for my assignments, and they all seem like a waste of time. I want to be doing design for my own enjoyment or for financial gain, not for marks and results.
I still see the value in my course, I just think that I've learnt enough now that I'd benefit more by learning in a work environment. I looked at TAFE options to see if that would be any better, and I think it would, but it would also mean another 3 years of study before I could start work proper.
I'll stick it out for the rest of the semester, obviously, but I think I'm going to have to do a lot of soul searching during the holidays.

No comments:
Post a Comment