Anywhoo, anyone who hasn't yet should click on this and listen to Gyroscopes new album. It's fucking fantastic.
So in one of my units at uni we've just started working on our second project, which is all about packaging. I was doing some research and looking for examples the other day and I'm now OBSESSED! There's so much cool stuff out there, it's unbelievable. I've always written it off as a rather boring side of graphic design but it really isn't. I'm gonna post a few of my favourites but it's really hard to keep the list short. I thoroughly recommend doing a google search and checking out all the cool shit people have made.

Oh my God is that a juice box that looks like a banana?! Hell yeah it is! One of the coolest things I've ever seen. Some japanese designer made a series of juice boxes. This one is obviously for banana juice (wtf?) but he also did:
Strawberry juice

Kiwi juice

And one shaped like a tofu cube for soy milk.
I creamed my jeans so bad over these bottles. One of the straws is full of juice stuff and one is full of vodka. So when you drink from them they mix in your mouth (which I imagine would be awesome). They look so damn cool though, I wouldn't want to drink them.

This pretty much sums up my feelings on smoking. And looks cool :D

Another bottle, this one shaped like a lightbulb.

This is a goddamn lamp made out of paper that doubles as the packaging for the lamp components. Mind = BLOWN!


This is a sponge, that looks like cheese, and is packaged like cheese. It's adorable.

And again with the food packaging, these are Meat Shorts (who the fuck would wear these?).

Designer condoms! Well not really, but the packaging is cool. And why the hell has no-one thought to make condom packaging round before. The damn things are round, it makes perfect sense!

Anyway that's just a small sample. I hope it inspires you to go looking for more.

No comments:
Post a Comment